- Christopher Columbus Everett Reid (1837 – 1864) born in Pike County, Georgia. Christopher married Matilda Caroline Brown 17 Feb 1856 in Troup County, Georgia.
Freeman died in 1839, cause of death unknown. Widowed wife Nancy married Patrick O’Kelly 6 Jan 1843 in Greene County, Georgia. It is not known how long their marriage lasted; however, according to census records, Nancy and her son Columbus were living alone in Greene County, Georgia in 1850.
Historic Facts for FREEMAN REID (REED):
- 1816: Oglethorpe County Georgia, Born to Jacob Reid and Elizabeth (Mary) Staton
- 10 Dec 1835: Greene County, Georgia, Married Nancy Ray
- 1837: Pike County, Georgia Tax Register, Capt Ellis District, 1 White Male
- 1839: Pike County, Georgia, Death
IMAGES OF SOME DESCENDANTS OF FREEMAN AND NANCY RAY REID (Images courtesy of family members as noted)