Green married Nancy Emeline Sharp on 2 Sep 1847 in Floyd County, Georgia.
Green and Nancy had eight children of record before Nancy’s untimely death in 1864:
- Albert Duke (1846 – 1852)
- Joseph Cornelius Duke (1848 – 1930)
- Nancy Elizabeth Duke (1849 – 1925)
- Martin Miller Duke (1852 – 1935)
- George William Duke (1854 – 1895)
- Alfred Duke (1859 – Unknown)
- Julia Ann Duke (1860 – 1944)
- Emeline Duke (1863 – 1864)
Green served in Company C 1st Ga. Regiment Infantry of the Confederacy. He fought in the Battle of Chickamauga and suffered injuries to his hand. After recuperating back at home in Rome for this injury, he returned to battle and was wounded two additional times. His injury haunted him the remainder of his life.
In early 1864, during the height of the Civil War, Nancy died not long after giving birth to daughter Emeline. Emeline also died in that year, both deaths of unknown circumstances.
- Green R Duke
- Greenough Duke
- David Edmund Duke
- Eugene Duke
- Lucy Lee Duke
- Unetta Duke
- Artelia Duke
- Charles Duke
- Charles Wright Duke
- Joanna Josie Duke
- William Dison Duke
This page has the following sub pages.